Thursday 17 September 2015

What in the world is this??

Pretty weird, isn't it?

Hello, Steve here. Today I want to feature a handy device called a Gentleman's Valet. It also goes by the more prosaic name Valet Stand, but I refuse to be that boring.

Ever since I spied my mate Richard's Gent's Valet I've wanted one. His is made of wood, a bit scuffed but still functional, and found by him amongst hard rubbish. Now, Richard is a real sharp dresser (soon to be featured on this very website). He wears a suit and tie everyday of the week. On this occasion, he'd casually draped yesterday's suit jacket over the coat hanger bit, popped his keys and wallet into the holder tray and plonked his trilby hat on top. There were also a few ties (he owns over 500 of 'em!!) hanging from the horizontal rail. It looked a treat. I was officially jealous.

Well, it was my birthday recently, and guess what my gal gave me as a present? That's right, a Gentleman's Valet! I love, love, love it! It is constructed from tubed steel, probably made in the 60s, and includes a comfy upholstered seat on which I perch whilst tying up my brown brogues. If one lifts the seat, one discovers a storage space for socks, jocks, or whatever. There is also an angled shoe rack underneath. It looks fantastic as a piece of furniture alone, but always better when it is adorned with Modern Gent finery.

The example below is a cool Cortesi Home Winfield Gent's Valet. It has a dark walnut finish, chrome accents, and a dark marble base. It features a trouser bar and an accessory tray. It, and others like it, can be found by following the link.

Gents everywhere, it could be a great addition to your bedroom, and possibly your love life ;-P


No comments:

Post a Comment