Sunday 6 September 2015

Marshal

"I'm a skinny guy so I wear skinny clothes. I tend toward the rockier side of things, and I guess I'm trying to keep abreast of the dressed-up Melbourne musician look, which is the dark colours, narrow jeans and boots, which are from Rocco's in Malvern. I went there to get them to make a custom pair, but I spotted these dark brown suede ones on the shelf from Portugal. They are a staple for me now. I own a couple of flatcaps, or 'cheesecutters' as I like to call them. This one I bought from Carlisle Accessories in East St. Kilda, and, being cotton, it doesn't make my head too hot on sunny days like this. The faux-leather jacket is a local Syke brand that was quite popular years ago. The scarf is just a cheap cotton thing which I suppose is a bit of a Jimmy Page tribute. He liked his scarves! Other players on the Melbourne blues scene I admire are Goat Piss Gasoline and Chris Russell's Chicken Walk. I love the blues, even though by no means am I a downtrodden, living on the street, missus kicked me out kinda guy. I'm just a regular guy doing something he enjoys."

No comments:

Post a Comment