Wednesday 12 August 2015

Jim

"I’ve worn hats since I was 18. I bought this one from City Hatters, beside Flinders St Station. It’s a trilby made by Akubra, the only style that suits me. My shoes are handmade by Rocco in Malvern. It’s a family business and all the musicians go there. I can kill cockroaches in the corner with these! I had my waistcoat and shirt handmade in Vietnam about 12 years ago and they’ve lasted very well. My daughter Grace buys cufflinks for me. I really like the bulky antique ones with coloured patterns. I don’t try to consciously match the things I wear, but it all seems to go together somehow if it’s worn with confidence. I like looking nice, even around the home; I don’t own casual clothes at all except for shorts to wear at gym. I admire Elvis Costello’s style. He’s all about straight lines and good quality clothes."

No comments:

Post a Comment